Planning & Inspections
The Town of Elton's Planning & Inspection Department is responsible for the following:
- Enforcing building codes
- Enforcing zoning regulations
- Administering ordinances for permits and inspections
- Enforcing dwelling standards ordinances
- Condemning and removing hazardous buildings
- Scheduling and conducting building inspections
Our Building Codes and Inspections Department takes on the responsibility within our community of the following:
- Enforcing building codes and
- Ensuring the health, safety and general welfare of our citizens.
ALL ABOVE ARE HANDLED BY A CERTIFIED BUILDING INSPECTOR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE JEFFERSON DAVIS PARISH POLICE JURY.